Thursday, November 7, 2019

Habits

While my focus has been "elsewhere"
I have fallen OUT of some of my
good habits and falling INTO some bad.

Why is it so hard to make a good habit
and so easy to break it?

Things like sitting on the couch all day.
Going to bed with a messy kitchen.
Not eating lunch.

This morning, upon waking up to a MESS
in the kitchen - made a sirloin tip roast
IN THE OVEN last night...
I resolved to pull up my socks and fly right.
(mixed metaphor alert!)

The time change has made it easier to
get up earlier in the morning.
The animals don't understand
"fall back".
So its motivating to get up and out to 
the barn by 8:00 instead of 9.

Once I came in from the barn,
I cleaned the kitchen and got my okra
cooking, all at the same time!
While the air fryer was doing its thing,
I swept and mopped the kitchen floor.
Whew! It needed it!
I have a MESSY dog!
(yes I'm blaming it on Beau... why?)

Once the floor was dry, the okra was done.
Cracked 2 eggs in the pan and fried those up.
Now I am sitting in my least favorite chair
(which means I'm not tempted to STAY here)
typing my blog while letting my breakfast cool.
Ta Da!

I have lots of other things to get done today,
but it seems to go better when I start in
right away.
Next up, BoM study and then we're OFF to the races.
(Not really... hahaha)

However, I have ADDED some good habits.
BoM reading, for one.
Kyle and I sit together and read our scriptures
in the mornings now.
And, of course, BEACH WALKS!


Taking pictures of the ocean.


Are you taking MY picture?


Sunset over the condos.


Beautiful, eh?

No comments: