Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Shudda Been A Pioneer

 Kyle harvested all the navy beans from the garden.
And then he sat down to shell them.

And then he decided that was stupid.

It's a LOT of work and goes REALLY slow.

I was deep cleaning the bathroom and when
I walked through the kitchen to get more stuff
(and put in a load of laundry)
he said 
"Didn't they used to put these in like a
burlap sack and beat on it and then
toss it up in the wind and the shells blew away
and you were just left with the beans?"

Um..... maybe?
Sounds like wheat to me... but ... 

So I went and got one of those handy little
cloth produce bags I bought.


I use them for all kinds of things.
Rarely produce.
I always forget to bring them into the store.

Anyhow.


He tried a little batch.
And then another.
And then a BIG batch.


Look close...
See all the beans????

IT WORKS!!!!

He's so smart!

He just fills the bag,
then bangs it on the edge of the table a dozen or so times
and then dumps the shells off the top!
Sheesh.

No comments: