Sunday, June 18, 2023

Happy Fathers Day and other stuff

 Happy Fathers Day Dad!!!!!
I hope you are enjoying your day.
Our Ward is doing "Pies for Ties"
during 2nd hour.
The RS sisters took over all their classes
since this is a Sunday School week.
And the guys are meeting in the cultural hall
for pie and ice cream and some good old fashioned
male bonding time.

(The women did similar for Mothers Day and
the guys thought it was a great idea and 
wanted to do the same...)

Meanwhile.

I'm sitting here in my classroom in Tampa.
Waiting while my students do a 50 question
"mid-term" test.
This is a good sized class - 20 students,
but these people are QUIET!
Almost NO questions, which is unusual.
I'm having to pull out all my old time killer
skills and think of things to fill the hours.
Friday we ended over 3 hours early!
That was fun...

Meanwhile.

Rod is getting his "new" F250 he bought while
I was in Tucson, up and running, slowly.
There was a LOT more work that it needed.
He has practically rebuilt the entire front end.
And all new brakes.
Etc, etc etc. (I don't understand half of it,
so I nod encouragingly.... and Kyle laughs at me.)

Meanwhile.

Kyle is preparing to move to Kansas this fall.
He is building his house in our backyard.
Then he will take it apart and we strap the 
sections to his big trailer and drive it out there
and then put it back together.


He and Jim worked on the first section of the floor on Friday.


Got it all finished in a few hours.
With the help of the job foreman... (Beau)


They were rewarded with a glorious sunset.
Meanwhile I was having major thunder storms 
over here on the other coast.

All-in-all it has been a busy and productive week.

Kyle and I went to the Bishop's Storehouse on Wednesday.
On the way home a guy rear-ended us at a stop light,
but fortunately there was very little damage
and nobody was hurt, so we all went on our way.

And then a young girl was WRITING on a little pad
of paper while DRIVING and nearly swerved on top of us!
But she noticed before impact and swerved back.
Sheesh.
I'm looking forward to moving to the great WIDE OPEN Kansas.

Hope today is a lovely day for ALL the Dads in our family.
Love you all!


No comments: