Saturday, June 24, 2023

Kyle's House

 Whew!
This has been a CRAZY week!
I taught until Monday.
Tuesday morning I woke up at 3:15 and jumped in
my rental and drove back over the swamp.
Got home in time to visit with Kyle for a minute
and then go return the rental.
Then grab a bite of breakfast and head to the
Town to work for the day.
Then home to change my clothes and head
over to the church to chop veggies for the
3-ward Reunion Social that evening.
(It's been 1 year since the split so I thought it might
be nice to have an evening where old friends 
could reconnect and eat...)

I stayed and visited with lots of sisters and then
finally left (after helping with all the cleanup in
the kitchen) about 9:30. 
Straight to bed.

Wednesday we got up at 5:30 and headed 
over to Orlando to the Bishop's Storehouse
to work for a half day. We really do enjoy
doing that and they were really grateful we
came since the 2 sister missionaries who 
usually come both went home this week and
the new sisters don't know the drill yet?
Anyhow. They were shorthanded so they 
were happy to have us.

On the way home we stopped and grabbed a
Subway sandwich and then went to Sam's
since it's on the way.
Then home to put everything away and get
stuff prepped to go into the freeze dryer.
(Mango and banana)
Then... it seems like I did something else,
but I don't remember what it might have been.

Thursday I had a nice chat with Soni and
then to the Town for the day, then after
work I headed to the local pharmacy to pick
up some meds for a sister and then to the
church to get her power bill paid.
Then to her house to drop off the meds and
the check - and of course, I had to stay and
visit and visit and visit - finally got out
of there about 8.

Whew!

Friday Jim came over to help Kyle with the house
and I went to WalMart to get groceries and then
home to do laundry and around the house stuff.
Oh yeah, and Kyle and I went and sat on the
beach for an hour in the evening.
Whew!


The seaweed has miraculously disappeared!

And today I cleaned all the floors and put a new
shower curtain and rugs in the bathroom since
the old set was getting REALLY old and nasty looking.
And these are nice and fresh and light.
Won't last long.
But it looks good today.
Hahahahahahahaha.

And then I came into my office to FINALLY get 
to all the paperwork I have neglected all week.
Got my time card, my expense report, and
my budget report for the social all uploaded.

And now, if Kyle ever gets out of the shower,
we will head off to WalMart since all the dogs are
out of food and I didn't know that when I went
yesterday. (I'm not in charge of feeding dogs. Grin)

Tomorrow is RS Sunday, so we will start
the day with Ward Council, then it will
go from there.


First he needed to put Thompson Water Seal on
the floor.
Since it has been raining every afternoon.
(Welcome to summer in Florida)


Kyle (and his supervisor) is building the walls laying flat
on the floor and when they are done and skinned,
he will stand them up and brace them.


Like that.


The last long section is laying flat on the floor.
He didn't get to raise it up because another
gully washer came through.
It's still raining in this picture, but the sun
is setting and I wanted to get one.

No comments: