Friday, August 11, 2023

Finished and On the Way Home

 I'm sitting here in my office,
teaching my class on my laptop,
following along as a student on my iPad
and have another monitor for my notes,
AND my phone is open,
following Kyle's progress on Google Locate.
LOL.

Good thing I know my material, because I'm
not really paying attention.
I'm busy watching Kyle's little red dot travel east.

He mowed the 40 acres.


Being Kyle, as soon as he got there, he unloaded
and got right to work.
He said one pass from the front to the back of
the property took him 8 minutes.
And his mower is only 6 feet wide.
So that's a LOT of trips back and forth.


Of course all the rain made the ground a bit soft.
He didn't get stuck, but he DID make a few ruts.
It'll all even out over time though.

I talked with him a bit last night.
He had about 30 minutes of mowing left,
but we were chatting and he had to stop working
because his tractor is LOUD.

And then he had a visitor!


Actually he had a couple over on our side, 
headed over to the water trough to get a drink,
but before he could take a picture something
spooked them and they took off.

But there were a few more across the street on the
neighbor's field, so he took a picture of them.


This was pretty zoomed in, but it looks like a 
nice young buck.

He saw LOTS and lots of rabbits.
And he said our 40 acre was FULL of coyote dens.
(And there were certainly lots of coyotes
howling during the night while he was "sleeping"
in his new tent...)

He didn't ever see any though.
(or he didn't choose to tell me about it if he did...)

Anyhow.
He got it finished up this morning and then
I think he built himself a driveway to where
he wants to put his house.
And then he drove into town and put his
tractor in the storage building we are renting.
And then he hit the road.

He won't be home until late Sunday, probably...
but will make it back in time for Rod's 
birthday on Monday.

We'll be glad to see him!
And all the drone footage he shot of the property.

Drive carefully!!!!!

No comments: