Thursday, August 17, 2023

What a Week!

We were so excited to welcome Kyle home on Sunday.
But it was a Relief Society Sunday, so a FULL day.
Ward Council, then Sacrament Mtg, then RS,
then meet with 2 sisters for Self Reliance Plans
and food orders, then meet with the Bishop to download....
We got to church at 10:30 and left at 4:30.


Kyle took lots of picture and did a couple of drone flights.
But mostly he mowed.
And then he headed home.
Didn't hang around.

Monday was Rod's birthday!
Kyle and I brought him some lunch at work.
In the middle of a torrential downpour.
(A theme for the week...)

I had a presidency meeting with just my 1st counselor
and we went over the ministering assignments again.
We have had a bunch of new families move in 
recently and needed to revamp.
That took over 2 hours....

During the meeting I got a call that Denine was headed
to the ER - she was sick (again - poor lady!)

Then Kyle and I headed to Walmart for his groceries.

Unfortunately, I totally forgot to announce the Night RS activity
for Tuesday night in RS and there were no handouts,
so Monday evening I sent a personal text to EVERY
active-ish sister in the ward inviting them to the activity.
We had a book exchange.

Kyle made some yummy fajitas for Rod's birthday dinner.

Tuesday I headed in early to get things ready for the
Building Official who only works on Tues and Thurs.
Since Denine left on Monday morning there was 
A LOT to catch up on and I ended up working
all the way until 5:00.
I had a continuing education class to watch on zoom
during my lunch hour and learned some good
information I can use in my classes.

And then we had our activity which turned out really
well and was well attended.


Lots of book exchanging, snacking, and
CHATTING! (And babies!!!!)


It was combined with all 3 wards in the building, so the sisters
had a great opportunity to get together with old and new friends
and just visit. Something that is sorely lacking in this world these days.

More torrential thunderstorms.


We have been rewarded with some amazing sunsets though!

Wednesday we were up early and headed over to the
Bishop's Storehouse where they had lots of orders that
needed to be filled, but thankfully lots of people to help.
(Last week Kyle and I didn't go, I worked at the town and
he was in Kansas, but the other couple didn't show either and
neither did the sister missionaries - so they were VERY
short-handed...)
We helped out there until noon and then headed home
in time for a torrential thunderstorm - so I took a nap!

And now I'm all packed and getting ready to head over
to pick up my rental car and head out early
to hopefully avoid the torrential thunderstorm 
they are forecasting for this afternoon.
Hahahahaha.


I'll try to post this week while I'm in Tampa.
But if not... know that I am thinking of you!

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Wow you have been busy (like me!) Sounds like you guys are getting closer!! I haven't had a moment to read your blog for so long!! I'm going to catch up this weekend while in pinetop!!