Friday, August 18, 2023

MORE Torrential Rain!

 I didn't get out of town as early as I hoped.
And I got to drive through, yet another,
torrential rainstorm.

At one point we were driving 20mph.
I have my GPS set to avoid highways.
So at least I wasn't doing 20 mph on a road
with crazies who didn't care and wanted to
keep doing 70.

But there were times when I couldn't see
the lines. So I was glad my rental this week
had lane assist.
It beeped at me if I drifted over the line.
I just had to hope everybody else had 
the same nifty feature and keep my
eyes open for anyone who didn't.

My 4 hour trip took closer to 5.
But I got here.

Stopped at the office and built my comfy
new chair!


It was pretty easy to build.
The kit came with the screwdriver!

And it is SO much more comfortable than
the chair I was using...

Then to Walmart to get some flowers for my desk.


And some candy for the games.
Arby's for a sandwich,
and to the hotel to eat and go to sleep.

Whew!

Today I have a FULL classroom.
At one point today I had 24 students but I had 2 bail already.
We'll see how many muscle through...

I have a few that are asking a zillion questions
and some of them are even on topic!
And one who wants me to re-teach everything during break.
I'm not going over your notes with you,
Everything is in your manual.
Relax..... (grin)

So, here's to another successful weekend class.
(And now I'm deciding what to order for dinner
for curb-side pickup. I'm ready for my bed!)

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Love the clappers! We use them too! And mom took some to bingo a week or so ago to clap for winners! Sounds like a good class and successful training. Will you miss that in Kansas?