Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Tractor Update

 FedEx FINALLY delivered the part Kyle needed.

Remember when you used FedEx when
"it absolutely, positively, has to be there overnight"?

Yeah.

It was supposed to be here Monday.
It came Tues morning.

Anyhow.

It came.

And today it is windy!
(And chilly, in the low 60's)
But mostly it's windy.

Kyle was out there working on it,
and the wind blew the motor forward
off the transmission lift it was on.
(Because the engine hoist is in storage...)
It tipped forward into the tractor body
and taco-ed the dash.


Don't you love the colors he picked???
The grey looks more blue than it really is...

Hopefully Kyle will be able to fix it.
Because you can't get a new one.
He's an amazing fabricator though...

Anyhow.

It meant I needed to help.
And I'm so big and strong.
Hahahahaha.

But we DID it!


We got it all lined up and bolted
back together.
And then, while I was tightening down the last
bolt, I felt something go in my lower back.
Darn it.

But at least it didn't happen at the beginning
while I was helping hold and move and
line up and lift and all the things.

And now I'm sitting on the couch,
lots of magnesium gel slathered on my back
with a hot pad.
It'll be fine.


And now Kyle can finish getting it put together enough
that we can start it up, and move it off the patio,
ready for running it up to Kansas on the next run.

No comments: