Thursday, July 5, 2012

Random Stuff

I have all sorts of random stuff today.

Yesterday was July 4.  (Duh...)  Rod, Jim and Sabrina all had to work.
Kyle and I had the day off.
So we went to the Ward breakfast.
I brought 2 SUPER yummy baked french toast dishes.
One peaches and cream and one blueberries and cream.
Kyle loved the blueberries one, so I'm making it again tonight for breakfast tomorrow.
(Jim and Rod both have Friday off, so a yummy breakfast/brunch might go over well...)

I didn't take any pictures.

Then Kyle and I went home so I could hard boil some eggs for Rod.
And then we loaded up the kayaks and headed to Turkey Creek.
I didn't take any pictures.
But we had a BLAST!
The water was much higher than the last time I went, but MUCH lower than the "Extreme Kayaking" trip Rod and Kyle went on a few weeks ago.  You could see how high the water was (based on stuff hanging off the lower branches of trees and on the banks...).  It was probably 2 feet higher then!
There was a nice breeze and just enough current to make it fun.
And there were a gazillion manatees.
We even paddles by/with a Mom/Baby combo!
The baby was so cute!

Then Jim and Sabrina got home from work and the three kids went to a friend's for fireworks, etc.
Which meant, since Rod was at work, I was ALONE.
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh.
I took a book and sat in the garden keeping an eye on the chickens while they free ranged.
It was relaxing!

The neighbors set off some fancy fireworks (which I watched from inside my french doors, since the mosquitoes were big as birds and trying desperately to carry me away...)
The poor dogs were completely freaked out.

Then the kids came home and had their own "mini" show on the patio.

Kyle on the left, Jim on the right.





They bought LOTS.   Plenty left over for another "show" tonight.
And again Friday night when Rod can join them!

This morning we all managed to be ready at the same time and left at the same time.

Not bad for just holding my phone over my head and hoping they were in the frame!


My view at the river light.


Looking north up the river.


Isn't it a pretty morning?  A little hazy, but calm...


Hey!  How did they get ahead of me?????




Sheesh.

And yes, I know you aren't supposed to take pictures while you are driving.
But I wasn't looking at my camera.
So these are the only ones (of the MANY) I took that you can actually see something other than the hood of my truck.  LOL

No comments: