Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fire!

This is a picture Kyle took Sunday evening.
The woods at the end of our street (my horse trails) were on fire.

Jim and Kyle spent several hours sitting in the neighbor's pasture (after they moved
their cows and donkey to the front pasture) with hoses hooked to the artesian well.


Last night after work, Kyle and I went for a walk to survey the damage.


To the left is the "Triangle Trail"
Interesting how there is still green on the edge, but everything else on both sides is black.

Some palmettos still smoldering.
 Naturally, Kyle and I had to wander through.



See him off to the right.  He was trying to take a picture.
You could have cooked dinner over that fire.

I've always been fascinated by the aftermath.
Especially in Florida.
A palmetto palm looks so stark after burning.




 It looks like a quiver of arrows, stuck in the ground.


And just for fun, you HAVE to watch this quick YouTube. 
It's from one of my favorite daily blogs
The Art of Doing Stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=763UjrVs-ao&feature=colike


1 comment:

Rozann said...

Haha. Good one! That's how I would do it at least" lol