Monday, November 5, 2012

Aaaah/Aaargh

Saturday night, after teaching a 5 hour class to an 18 student class,
I went to Red Lobster and had a pound of Snow Crab legs.
And a cup of New England Clam Chowder.
And a salad.
And some corn on the cob and red potatoes.

Aaaaaaaah.

It was REALLY yummy!
(And I had my favorite server - she does a GREAT job...)

Then I headed back to my hotel.

Poured a couple of drops of Oil of Oregano on a damp washcloth and disinfected the tub.
Because, Eeeeeeuuuuuwwwww, hotel tub.

(But OoO is a powerful disinfectant.)

Then I FILLED the tub with nice nearly hot water.
And dissolved 2 cups in Epsom Salts in there.

Epsom Salts are also pretty powerful.
They work to draw out infection (which is why, when my horse gets an abscessed hoof,
I soak it in a bucket of hot water with Epsom for 15 minutes - or whatever I can get...)

They also work to draw out other impurities in your body, resulting in a great detox.
And it's salt.  So your skin ends up SOFT.

Plus, with the Oil of Oregano, it was kind of like taking a long, hot, soaky bath in a pizza parlor!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

(There are no pictures, you are welcome.)

However.

Before I got in the tub, I dumped some diatemacious earth in my hand,
added some warm water,
and made a loose paste.
Then I spread it on my face.

THEN I got in the tub.
Set my phone timer for 30 minutes.
Propped my Kindle on the edge of the tub.
And soaked,
read,
relaxed,
detoxed,
loved it!

When the alarm went off, I decided I wasn't done.
So I turned it off and kept on soaking.

When I FINALLY got out of the tub,
I stood up, climbed out, turned around, and looked in the mirror.


Holy Kabuki Theater Batman!

I don't know why I was surprised it turned white.
But I was.
And it took all my self control not to break out laughing.
At least until I took a picture.

*********************************************

Fast forward to Sunday evening.
When I drive home from school, I often call and chat with Rod.
But his A/C in his truck is broken, so he was driving with his windows open.
We talked for awhile, but my voice was already worn out.
(I ended up with 22 students and they were NOISY...)
So we hung up.

I have always talked out loud to myself.
I remember yapping away, out loud, while mowing the lawn in Calgary.
Grant Pitcher came to visit and stood on the sidewalk just watching and laughing.
Until I became aware of him.
And died of embarrassment.

Anyhow.

I like to talk to myself when I drive.
When I first started teaching, I would pick a chapter, or a concept from a chapter
and re-teach it from memory.
Tweaking the stories, the jokes, the verbal visuals.

It's how I memorized 40 hours of material.

Now that I know my stuff
(sheesh, it's been 13 years... I better know it!)
I still talk out loud.
But I usually tell myself stories.

Last night, I was pre-writing this post.
Out loud.
With my Bluetooth on my head.

I mentioned T-Tapp.  (Someone on the T-Tapp forum told me about the DE face mask)
I don't know what I did, but when I said Tapp, my phone turned itself on.
(Maybe I bumped it? Touched a button? Who knows...)
In my ear, I heard my phone gnome say
"Call Teresa Tapp on Mobile"

Aaaaaaaargh!!!  What?  Wait!  NO!!!

1. I have Teresa's personal cell phone number because we spoke a few times before the PBS Special.
2.  I am NOT a member of the "inner circle" and have no excuse for calling Teresa these days.
3.  It was 9:00 (10:00 body time, first day of the end of Daylight Savings) on Sunday night!

I'm screaming, "End Call, Cancel, Stop!!!" while trying to punch the right button in the dark while driving.

Sheesh!

Meanwhile, I missed a call from Rod.

So I hit the button to call him back.

And the Phone Gnome said
"Call Teresa Tapp on Mobile".

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

So, Teresa... 
FORGIVE ME!?!





No comments: