Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Soup and more Soup

So I had a couple of requests for the soup recipe from yesterday.

It was VERY well received at our pot luck thing at work.

So, here it is.
With all credit going to BYU.
I attended for summer term and fall semester.
Then I recognized I was wasting my parent's hard earned tuition money.
And I went home.

Where I got a job in an industry I was already well equipped for.
And have been in, in one way or another, ever since.

This is just about the only thing I remember from of my stint at BYU.
(although I DID weave an awesome pillow cover on a huge floor loom...)
(and retrained a champion barrel racer {horse} who had gone sour and would try to kill anyone (specifically the director's daughter) who rode him into an arena with barrels in it...)
(and discovered that my thyroid quit working, thus causing me to gain a gazillion pounds)

BYU Broccoli Cheese Soup
serves 4

1 stick butter
1 cup velveeta, cubed
4 cups milk
1/2 bag fine egg noodles

Normally I make it on the stove top in a pan.
Yesterday I doubled the recipe and made it in a crockpot - high for 3 hours.
It was good!
It would have been a little better if I had a REAL spoon to stir the noodles with so they
didn't turn into a blob.

************************

When I got home from work, Sabrina had a huge crockpot full of
Crockpot Potato Soup
cooking.

Can I just say.
YUM!

We went grocery shopping for the big feast on Friday.
We are going to family on Thursday, but since Rod and Sabrina are both working and will
miss the big feast, we are doing it all again on Friday at our house. 
Just for us 5.

By the time we got home, put everything away, and fed the animals,
Kyle got home from working outside all day (outside).
We were chilled.
And hungry.
And that soup HIT THE SPOT.
(And there was lots left over - some in the fridge for Rod's lunch today, and
some in my lunchbox for lunch for ME today.
And some for anybody else who wants it for lunch today...)

HAPPY HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!

No comments: