Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Happy!

We've had a busy couple of days.
First there was Thanksgiving.

We had a great time up at Tim and Angie's.
Unfortunately, Rod and Sabrina were both working.



So we did it all again Friday at our house.
Kyle went to work at Samuels.
Jim and Rod went to Tractor Supply to buy fencing stuff.

And Sabrina and I cooked up a STORM.

I tried something new.
I always bake my turkey in a bag.
It's faster, easier, and moist.

But I'm getting a little uncomfortable with cooking in plastic.
Wonder what it leaches into the food.
And besides, I forgot to buy one.
LOL

So I did it the good old fashioned way.
I used a nice big roaster pan with a rack in it.
Poured some chicken broth in the bottom.
Added some poultry seasoning, onions and celery.
Stuffed some butter up under the skin.
Rubbed poultry seasoning all over the outside.
Covered it with heavy foil.
Put it in the oven.

And then we went outside and sat in the sun and enjoyed the beautiful weather while reading books.
(Oh yah, I went for a horseback ride earlier in the morning.  Rod was sleeping...)

It was GREAT!
Moist.  Tender.  Yummy.

The kids wanted a "traditional" menu.
That means
mashed and gravy.  (Sabrina and I ROCKED the gravy this year!)
Sweet potatoes with marshmallows.
Green bean casserole (yuck - but they like it)
Broccoli and cheese.
Stuffing.
Cranberry Jelly From a Can!



We broke the patio table we usually use when we eat at a table.
Guess I've drug it across the patio too many times...  LOL

So we used the kitchen table.
It wasn't big enough when we had 2 little boys.
Now that we have 5 adults... its cozy!
But luckily we have a LONG counter in the kitchen.
so we served buffet style.
And then we sat and ate and talked and talked.

And then we put up the tree.


Let the Christmas Season BEGIN!

No comments: