Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend

Third weekend of the month - which means Orlando weekend.

I left a little early and got to my hotel in time to stop next door at Panera Bread.
Got a bowl of broccoli cheese soup and a half turkey/avocado sandwich to go.

Sat in my hotel room and had a YUMMY dinner and then to bed early.

But when I got to school on Friday morning
it was quiet and dark.
Inside as well as outside.

I got out all my supplies for my class.
It was still quiet.
At 7:45 (class starts at 8) a car drove up.

And a single student came in.
A few minutes later another student came in.

And that's how it stood at 8:45.
Which is when I called my boss and cancelled the class.

The checkbook won't be happy about it.
But I caught a cold.
So I was actually kinda pleased to have the weekend to get better.

Stopped by the office on the way back into town and did about 4 hours.
And then home.

Poor Rod chose to sleep on the couch so he didn't get sick.
It's kinda going around the family.
So far he and Kyle are safe.

I've been taking mega doses of D3 and Oil of Oregano.
And I'm doing MUCH better.
Poor Sabrina has pneumonia.
And Jim has a bad cold.

So we are trying to keep our germs to ourselves and get better before Thanksgiving.

But enough about that.

Thursday afternoon Kyle and I went for a nice long walk in the woods.


The "thing" on the trail is our Jack Russel, Ozzie.


And, of course, Kyle had to go off trail and "climb" a tree.


The "bicycle people" built a new boardwalk through the old "Faith Trail" section.
It's a nice trail.
Even if the entire section (not just the wooden path) is closed to horses.
Don't get me started.


In fact they closed an OLD trail we've used for, 12+ years?




What's interesting is, it's not even their property.
Belongs to a friend of ours.

Anyway.
(rant rant rant)

It was a good walk.
A beautiful afternoon.
I hate winter.
The sun goes down WAY too early.
It really cuts into my "outside" time.

Speaking of outside.

Saturday was a GREAT outside day.

Our fabulous neighbors hired Kyle to manage their animals on the weekends.
And also offered to let the guys borrow their tractor (for just a fuel refill!)

NIRVANA!



Their horse, Slider, was endlessly fascinated.


Rod spent a couple of hours and smoothed out the back pasture.
It looks so much nicer out there now.

Plus he fixed the old swimming pool spot.



The boys hooked up the little seeder and did a
gazillion laps of the property,
spreading winter rye.


I supervised.
It's what I'm good at.


Kyle handled quality control.

It should be all bright green out there in a week or so!



We celebrated by burning a bunch of the old, rotting wood
the previous owner left piled up against the back fence.

Yes, we are pyromaniacs.
Why do you ask?

No comments: