Monday, November 26, 2012

Back to "life"

The Thanksgiving (also known as "Eat Everything In Sight") holiday has ended.
Surprisingly, even with an 18 pound turkey
we don't have that many leftovers.

Which is a bummer.
I was hoping to get out of cooking for awhile.
LOL

HEY!!!  BIG NEWS!!!

Last night I made turkey noodle soup.
And it didn't taste like water someone waved a turkey over.

It was actually YUMMY!

Good thing, too.  I made a BIG pot.

Maybe the reason we don't have much turkey left is I got lazy.
I didn't feel like "picking" the turkey after the meal.
So I tossed the entire carcass in the stock pot.
Including all the back meat.

Simmered it on the stove.
For about 36 hours.
Maybe longer.
I'm not sure.

Last night I picked out all the bones.
Ended up with a gallon ziplock bag full of meat.
And skin.
And innards.

It's for the dogs.

Also a milk jug (washed out) full of turkey stock.
Also for the dogs.
I still have turkey stock in my freezer from the last turkey.

Also.
The gravy rocked.

Just saying.

Meanwhile - here's a video to make you smile.
Has nothing to do with anything.



And then he tried again.


This is what we do for fun around here.

Have a great Monday!
(I'm doing a little Cyber Monday shopping...)

No comments: