Monday, December 3, 2012

Ta Da!

So.

I would like to introduce you to the newest member
of the Town Trails and Greenways Committee.

ME!

I'm FINALLY doing my civic duty.
By serving on a town committee.

I'm kind of looking forward to it.

I'm the only female on the board.
And it looks like I might be "the horse person" on the board.
Our town is a rural town.
As you enter town, there is a sign.

Welcome to the Town of ____________,
An Equestrian Community.

But we also have a pretty large bike presence.
Our trails are great for biking.
And for years and years we have coexisted with no problem.

Recently, they closed the trails directly behind my house and made them bike only.
Ha.
I still ride Andy back there now and again.

The BIG bike guy is my neighbor across the street.
He is also on Trails and Greenways.

This is going to be fun.

***************************************

In other news.

I should probably mention.
I left the church.

**************************

A couple of weeks ago, Rod and I attended our annual Tithing Settlement with the Bishop.

Church lets out at 12:30.
Our appointment was at 3.

So we went home and ate some lunch.

When we returned, the Bishop was in the Clerk's Office.

He turned to me and asked if I had left the church.

I said
"Well, just long enough to get some lunch...."

He said...

Well, Rod's membership records state he is married to a non-member.
So I was just concerned you had left the church.

WHY am I always the last to know these things?????
(The Clerk is working on it...)

No comments: