Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hey! It's Hay!

This weekend Kyle and I went to the feed store to get our feed for the week.
I generally get 6 bales of "Florida Coastal".
It's basically a grass hay.

We were watching them load some hay into the vehicle in front of us.
We couldn't figure out what it was.
It looked pretty fibrous,
like straw...

And then they started loading it in MY truck!
Ack!

They said it was Oat Coastal.
But I'm pretty sure it was just the straw after the farmer harvested his oats.
There is no way my Senior horses could eat that.

Meanwhile, somebody else got a round roll.
As they took it by on the fork lift
You could SMELL it.
It smelled like fresh cut grass.
I would eat it!

So I went in and cancelled our 6 bales
and had them load up a round roll.

And then Rod got home and saw it.


He agreed it was awesome.


And an amazingly good deal.
So he and Kyle went back and got 3 MORE!


CJ donated his stall to the cause.
We put down a large tarp and then wrapped it up
the side wall to keep the rain out.

The boys LOVE it!

And we don't have to buy any hay for several months.

SCORE!

No comments: