Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cone of Silence

Yesterday morning I woke up to an extremely sore throat.
And minimal voice.

I hit the Oil of Oregano and Vitamin D3.
Hard.
Lots of water to drink.
Liposomal Vitamin C.
And a blessing from Rod and Kyle.

Last night I got a pretty good sleep in my hotel room.
At least my sore throat didn't wake me in the night.

My voice was a little sketchy - but I was able to teach.
By the end of the day (10 hours) I was just about out.
In fact, I chose to spend the last 10 minutes
showing a video.

Then I headed to Target.
Bought some throat lozenges with menthol and eucalyptus.
Then to Red Lobster for soup and salad.
I had to point to what I wanted on the menu.

Now I'm in my hotel bed.
With a cup of herbal "throat coat" tea.
Basically licorice root and some other herbs.

I'm pretty sure by the end of tomorrow I will have done 
some major damage to my vocal chords.
Which basically means I will have to sing tenor for the next 6 months.
But hopefully my students will be able to hear me.

I see LOTS of videos in my plan for tomorrow.

Wish me luck!


No comments: