Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Our new bed is really tall.
So poor Rod has no place to sit when he puts his shoes on in the morning.
He can't sit on the bed.
So he has to sit on the commode (southern for toilet).
Which is, of course, less than ideal.

Meanwhile, his Mom had two of the UGLIEST
but MOST COMFORTABLE chairs ever made.
When Dad moved in with Tim and Angie
we inherited the chairs.
(At Kyle's request...)

One of them lives in Kyle's bedroom.
Carefully hidden under a sheet.

The other one has been out in the tack/workout room.
I have been known to sneak out there and sit to read a book.

Rod mentioned he would like a chair in the bedroom.

So yesterday I "cleaned" out his corner.
(Ok, there's still stuff in the corner, but LESS stuff...)
and brought in the chair.


And now he has a comfy spot to put on his shoes.
And watch TV.
And remember his Mom.
And know that I love him.

Cuz I do...

Love him.

Yesterday he and Kyle replaced the rear axle seals on the white truck.
I wasn't there. 
So I couldn't take a picture.

But then "they" sharpened the blades on the lawnmower.


A boy and his Dad.
(Bet you can't guess Kyle's favorite color...)

No comments: