Thursday, June 20, 2013

I’ve Fallen…

 The girls dig little round holes and “dirt bath” all day long.
So the chicken yard looks a little like “craters of the moon”.

You need to be vigilant when you walk out there.

I hit those dumb holes and stumble all the time.
It’s ANNOYING.

This morning I wasn’t being vigilant.
I had just stuck my hand, all the way to my elbow,
into their waterer to clear a clog.

All I was thinking was, eeeeuuuwww,
I want to dry my hand off.

Stepped out of the coop.
Hit a crater.
And DOWN I went.

It’s been a LONG time since I actually fell.
All the way to the ground.

Last time, I fell in the woods behind our house.
Dislocated my shoulder.
Didn’t tell anybody.
Until several months later when my health insurance kicked in.
And it was completely frozen.

This morning, all I could think was,
“Great.  Now that my shoulder is all better, I’ve sprained my ankle
And I STILL can’t ride my horse!”
And what if I hurt my shoulder again?

So I sat there.

All those silly “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” commercials running through my head.

But in a couple of minutes I could tell I was going to be fine,
My ankle quit throbbing,
It felt strong.

So up I got.

Luckily I was wearing my cowboy boots and not flip flops.
I think it helped hold my ankle in line.

I’m a little sore.
My back has a little twinge.
My shoulder is tender.
My ankle wants to be stiff.
But all-in-all, I’m fine.

I had already worked out,
So I was nice and warm,
My muscles were loose,
I took some extra turmeric.
Did another Primary Back Stretch to realign my back
And stretch out those muscles.

Now I’m figuring out how to best milk this…

LOL

No comments: