Monday, June 17, 2013

Turmeric

I have a pretty busy morning schedule.
Ok, wah, I know, it’s nothing compared to Frozie.
Whatever.
(grin)

My alarm goes off at 6:00
I get up and do a Basic Workout Plus.
(Or I hit snooze and try again at 6:15…
I only workout every other day. 
Mostly.)

Either way, at 6:15 it’s time to head to the great outdoors.
Lately it has been GREAT!
Nice and cool.
Not toooo humid.
A gentle breeze.
It’s HARD to go to work in these conditions, people!
I have a lovely new Adirondack chair calling my name…

Let the dogs out of the garage.
Put horse feed in the stalls and open the barn gate to let the horses in.
(This morning they all got orange flavored fiber stuff – sand colic preventative.)
Put hay out in the pasture for the horses.
Fill a bucket with chicken feed and head to the chicken coop.
Feed the chickens and let them into their yard.
Check the bunnies.
Let the horses back into the pasture.
Bring the dogs in and feed them.

FAST shower and dress for work.
Hit the kitchen to snag my breakfast/lunch stuff.
Take my pills.

Leave for work at 7:00.

So.
The “important” part of this is the 2nd to last thing.
Take my pills.
I take several pills.
Alfalfa (6), Turmeric (2), Milk Thistle (1), Macca Root (1), D3 (2), Synthroid (1)
Opening, counting out and closing all those little bottles takes 3 or 4 minutes.
Time I don’t have.
So I pre-fill 9 (no reason) empty prescription bottles
And leave them in a basket on the counter.
Next to another basket for the empties.

But last week I ran out of prefilled bottles
And didn’t get around to refilling them.
So I just grabbed my Synthroid each morning and called it good.

I was wrong.
It wasn’t good.

Alfalfa and Turmeric are POWERFULLY anti-inflammatory.
(among other things)
I have a little bursitis in my right shoulder.
I don't even notice it on most days.
Unless I don’t take my Alfalfa and Turmeric for a week.
And then I can hardly move my right arm.
And I don’t get to ride my horse.
Or go kayaking.
And my family has to listen to me whine all weekend.

I finally put two and two together on Saturday.
So out came the pills.
By Sunday my arm was a dull ache.
This morning little things like putting on my seat belt are a little uncomfortable,
But for the most part it’s under control again.

Thank goodness for Turmeric!  (and Alfalfa)
Hopefully I’ve learned my lesson…

We’ll see…






No comments: