Thursday, November 12, 2015

Christmas? Already????

Full disclosure.
Hallmark channel has been showing Christmas
movies non-stop since Halloween.

Rod and I haven't moved from the couch.

Also the radio station is playing carols.
And I'm singing along.
At the office.

I know.
I'm going to be SICK TO DEATH of the
whole Christmas thing by December 10.

Except I won't.
The only thing I get sick of is the tree.
And it's because my house is not
designed to accommodate a tree.
And I refuse to get a tiny,
skinny, wimpy tree.

Our's isn't HUGE.
(It's smaller than the old one)
But it IS in the way.
All the time.


It's beautiful and I'm willing to
work around it.
For a while.

It's pushed up against the breakfast bar.
And right next to Rod is the end of
the couch.
So there is a one person wide
space to walk through.

Anyhow.

All that to say...
Sondra and I were talking about eggnog this morning.
I love eggnog.
I do NOT love store bought eggnog.
(Kyle, however, DOES - drinks it like water...)

Sondra made some homemade eggnog
37(ish) years ago.  (Might have been 38)
I will NEVER forget it.

Homemade.
Full of REAL eggs.
Full of REAL cream.
Full of REAL flavor.
YUM!

And this week I found a recipe that sounds
like her old recipe but "on plan".
So I sent it to her.
And we were discussing making it this morning.

But then we remembered it's not Thanksgiving
yet and we don't "do" eggnog until after
Thanksgiving.

Except Thanksgiving is going to be late again
this year and there's going to be a SUPER
short Christmas season.

So I'm starting early.
On the good stuff.

Maybe even eggnog.

Anyhow.
I found a really cool Facebook page.
It's was shared by my old Calgary
friend Sidona Goodridge.
It's called 
Merry Little Christmas
and is full of great pictures.

Like THIS one.


Isn't that awesome???

Have a Merry Little Christmas!
(And feel free to yell Bah Humbug until 
November 27th, when the Christmas Season
officially begins.)



2 comments:

rktucson said...

I love that book tree as well! Maybe I'll put one in my "new Den" this year. Seems like a fun idea. We'll see though - if my "new den" is even ready for Christmas! Ha ha
By the way... Happy Birthday TOMORROW!!!!

Collette said...

Thanks! We need more pictures of your "new den" progress! Can't believe how HUGE your living/dining room area is now without the walls and fireplace! You guys are SO BRAVE!!!!!