Monday, November 30, 2015

Spelling

On my way in to work this morning
I was thinking about mis-spellings.

No idea why.

But I was remembering some times
I have seen things spelled
incorrectly and the impact it had.

Years ago I followed a truck
and when the guy parked I actually
offered to re-sticker his rear window
for him!

He had a ceramic tile installation service.

Except it was spelled

CREAMIC TILE

You cremate your tiles?
Euuwwwww!

(unfortunately before the error was
noticed the stickers were applied and then
the entire window was covered with
sun film.  More than I could fix for him...
Poor guy!)

But my favorite was when Nancy and Reid
were first married and living in 
Edmonton.

Reid was doing his internship at the hospital
and Nancy was suffering through her first pregnancy.
(I am eternally grateful for AMAZING pregnancies!)

They lived across the street from the hospital
in housing filled with interns, nurses, etc.

When you looked out her window you got an
incredible view of the ... parking lot.

With all those folks, parking was at a premium
so they were only allowed to angle park.

Unfortunately, the sign said

"ANGEL PARKING ONLY"

A tiny bit creepy.
Or it's for nurses only, cuz we all
know those folks are angels!

SMILE!
Let YOUR sign say 
I'm HAPPY!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I was thinking "angel parking" was okay--sounds like she was an angel with a rough pregnancy.