Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Independence Day!

I'm spending a VERY relaxing,
LAZY
long weekend.

We had a long list of things
to do, but it is WICKED HOT
out there - triple digits
which for those of you living in
AZ - you scoff.
But add 100% humidity and it
is unbearable.

Rod works "outside" (in the hangar, but
with the giant doors open, so it's outside
just not in the direct sun....)
So he is enjoying getting to be in the 
house.  We are even running the A/C.
(Something we don't often do.)
(Guess we are getting old)

Anyhow.

This morning he is in town
donating plasma.
We had a nice breakfast of
scrambled eggs with 
sauted jalapeno cheddar sausage
and a mint chocolate smoothie.

While he was gone,
I cooked up a yummy
"Lazy Lasagna"


My stove top light makes everything
look orange.  LOL

Next I baked a
Trimtastic Chocolate Cake.


I will whip some fresh whipping
cream and add a little 
100% Ghiradelli cocoa
for a frosting.
Later.
Maybe.

I also chopped up a couple of
big zucchini (since I was cutting
one up for the cake anyway)
and then put a bunch of
radishes in the food processor
to slice up.
They are delicious fried in butter
with a fried egg and some bacon.
YUM!

Oh.
And fried up some lean ground beef
(grass fed - the neighbors gave it
to Kyle in exchange for him doing...
something... next door.  LOL)
Added taco seasonings so we
can throw together a quick
taco salad.

It was a productive morning!
Rod just called.
He is on the way home.
I just sliced up a nice ripe
nectarine and mixed it with some
of my favorite 000 Oikos 
vanilla greek yogurt.
Ate mine already, but his is
waiting for him when he gets home.
(I'll probably make him a turkey 
sandwich to go with it...)

Enjoy your day!
(Empty nesting is FUN!)

No comments: