Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Excitement Continues

Had a nice, quiet evening last night
after working til 6.
Rod was out helping a new family
move into the ward.
I fed the animals and sat in the shade
of the barn and read my book.

NICE!

When he got home I cooked us up some
steaks and steamed veggies,
we ate and were in bed ASLEEP
by shortly after 10!

This morning my alarm went off at 6.
And then it was 6:38.

How did THAT happen???  LOL

Made breakfast
(scrambled eggs with sauted zucchini
and a slice of nice thick bacon
and a "thin mint" choc/peppermint smoothie)
and then headed out to leave for work.
(I made our turkey on sprouted 7 grain
bread last night - just tossed some cottage
cheese and frozen mixed fruit in tubs
for our mid-morning snacks...)

Anyhow.

Out to the truck.
Turn the key.

Flashing lights.
Tick tick tick

That's it.

YUP.
Dead batteries.
Yes, I said batteries.
My big ol' diesel truck has TWO
giant batteries and they are

DEAD.

But the Lord continues to bless us.

1.  I am in MY yard, not West Palm Beach.
2.  We have a spare vehicle.  I grabbed my stuff
and moved to Rod's little Honda.  He will
drive the Trooper today.  (No A/C.  The
sacrifices that man makes for me!!!!)
3.  I'm married to a talented mechanic who can 
take the batteries out tonight before he heads
down to Vero Beach for his High Council meeting
and then he can go get/install new ones tomorrow.

And on top of all that,
I was only 5 minutes late to work!

AND

I got a text from Kyle.
This is where he ate lunch yesterday.


No comments: