Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Air Fryer, WHO KNEW?????

This year for Christmas, Jim gave us an 
Air Fryer.

What is an Air Fryer, you ask?


It kind of looks like an egg.
Rod says is looks like R2D2.

It's about the same size as 
my new Pressure Cooker.


That's it on the far left.
(Ice Cream maker in the middle,
Instant Pot pressure cooker on the right)

We have used it to make lots of
french fries.
Both regular potato and sweet.

Monday night I branched out and made
chicken nuggets breaded in pork rinds
and parmesan cheese.
They were yummy.

Then I joined a FB group devoted to Air Fryers.
And the things they make!!!!!

Last night Kyle got it out and made
himself a BIG batch of really yummy
fried potatoes.  (He's quite talented when
it comes to seasonings...)

When he was done,
I pulled a nice thick steak out of the fridge.
Plopped it in the air fryer basket,
ground some pink salt and black pepper on it
and set it to 390 degrees for 12 minutes.
At the 6 minute mark (give or take)
I flipped the meat over and added more
salt and pepper.
When it beeped at the 12 minute mark...
OH MY GOODNESS!

It was moist,
browned to perfection
medium rare in the center
and there was NO GREASE splattered
all over my stove that needed cleaning.

I doubt I will ever cook a steak
on the stove ever again!
(And we almost never grill... 
our gas grill died and charcoal is a PAIN)

Tonight we are having the Sisters 
over to the house for dinner.
I'm thinking either chicken drumsticks
or pork chops.
We'll see...
But I know for sure we'll be using the Air Fryer!

************************

In other news...
I guess I was tired this morning.
I made a big batch of steel cut oats in my 
pressure cooker Monday morning.
(steel cut oats in under 10 minutes!!!!! SCORE!)
This morning I put some in a little tub
to take to work.
Then I grabbed some frozen blueberries
to pour over the top.

Except I poured them into our
Hot Chocolate.
Oops!

No comments: