Thursday, January 19, 2017

What's Up?

Howdy!
I've been busy lately.
Welcome to a new year, eh?

I didn't really make any resolutions.
(I couldn't even remember the word
for a minute there!)
I just wanted to continue to improve.
HA!

Rather than setting grandiose plans
(that often fail)
I've been most successful with "mini goals".
Some of them I'm doing really well on.
Some of them I haven't even thought about
since setting them.
But that's the cool thing about mini goals.
The world doesn't stop turning if life steps
in the way and you don't get a chance to
work on something specific YET.

Anyhow.
One thing I've been working on is adding
variety to my family's healthy meals.
Adding some cool new toys has obviously helped.

We invited the Sister Missionaries over for
dinner last night.
They don't have the car (they have to share with
the Elders - so they each get it for a week at a time)
so I have to pick them up on my way home from work.
Which means I THEN have to start making dinner.
(When we have the Elders over, Rod picks them up
which means dinner is on the table by the time they arrive...)

I stopped at the grocery store on the way 
to get them.  Grabbed a tray of chicken legs,
some already sliced mini tri-colored peppers
(who knew that was a thing?)
some sliced mushrooms and grape tomatoes.
(And an instant meat thermometer - can't 
be serving people under-cooked chicken!) ** (see note)

When we got home, the girls headed to the barn
to "help" Rod feed the animals and then came
in to sit on the couch and watch something on their
iPad.  (I was going to have them help prepare
dinner, but they are a brand new companionship
and were giggling away and having such a good
time I just left them alone...)

Tossed the legs into the air fryer with
some oil spray (my Misto is still leaking, so I'm
back to chemical filled Pam), and some
seasonings Kyle picked out at Sams the other day.
Set that at 370 for 12 minutes.
Cut up a couple of heads of romaine lettuce,
added the extras I had purchased,
opened the air fryer and flipped the meat,
and then Rod and I made a double batch of
Pay Day Candies.  (Our favorite!)
Remembered - VEGGIE!
Ran to the big freezer (in the tack room)
to grab a bag of frozen broccoli,
tossed that in to steam,
and dinner was served!

The chicken legs were done to perfection
and DELICIOUS!
Nice crispy skin,
moist and delicious on the inside.

Rod and I both brought some today for lunch.

We had a good dinner, a good visit, 
they shared a good message
(Alma 37: 35 - 36)
and then I drove them to their appointment
while Rod returned to the airport to work on
some paperwork necessary to get his plane 
finished by the end of the month.

And no, I didn't take any pictures.
LOL

** NOTE:
A person on Instagram mentioned she 
made some medium rare chicken and OH!
It was SOOO good!  Why haven't I tried this before???
Someone else commented...
"You are SO going to get salmonella!"  
To which she replied - "uh, NO.  This is 
CHICKEN, not SALMON.  DUH."

Head slap.

No comments: