Friday, June 16, 2017

I Feel Well

Knock wood.
I rarely, if ever, get sick.
*Thank you D3...

So sometimes I just have to take a "well" day.
Yesterday was one such day.

I got up and made Rod breakfast,
and then I went back to bed.
(grin)
I dozed while watching the news
until I heard Scott get up and leave.

And then I got up,
turned on some lovely piano music
(via Pandora - thanks Kyle for setting me up!)
and then washed a load of dishes.
(We quit using our dishwasher - I had to
wash them by hand before putting them in
there and then it was still anybody's guess
what they would look like...)

After those were all washed, dried and put away,
I washed the eggs for the week.
The girls are old.
I got 9 dozen for the WEEK.
Grrrrrrr
Counting the days until the little girls start laying!

Then I got dressed and headed
next door and delivered the eggs.

And then it was off to the airport to deliver
Rod's eye drops to him.  He had forgotten
to put them in, and luckily I was around to help.
(otherwise he would have just had Scott bring
them, since Scott works there too...)

Next it was over to the Volkswagen dealership
to have my favorite lube tech do an oil change,
rotate and balance my tires
and do an alignment for me.
He's really good!
(Jim was at lunch, so I didn't get to have my
favorite service writer work up the order for me...)
(But I did get to visit with him later...)

After that was all finished (I sat in the bay with
Kyle but mostly read my book, can't disturb
the master while he's working!) next it was off
to the mall.
Yes, Collette and mall in the same sentence.

I was headed to my favorite store,
H & M.
I was on a mission.
I knew precisely what I was looking for.
And there was a big 70% off sale going on.

I found 8 shirts that fit the criteria.
But 5 of them didn't fit the body.
LOL
(there's a reason stuff goes on clearance...
most of it looks AWESOME on a hanger,
but just doesn't do a thing for a human...)

The rules are:
1.  No solids.  (Broke that one first thing.)
2.  If you don't LOVE it, don't get it.
3.  ONLY "slicky" material.  No knits.  

So, how did I do?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm such a rule breaker.


Shirt #1.
Slicky - check.
Solid color - Oops.
But hey, it's khaki green and I've been
looking for a shirt in that color for EVER.
(And it will look good under my black blazer.)


Shirt #2
NOT a solid color - check.
NO knits - Oops.
But I loved it, so I hit #3!
(Also please note all the "no" shirts
hanging on the wall - they all fit the criteria...)


Shirt #3
BUFFALO PLAID.
I don't CARE if it hits any of the
other rules or not.
I LOVE IT!
(And I happen to be wearing it now...)
(but taking selfies in a restroom full of
co-workers isn't worth it... lol)

So I'd have to say it was a successful day.
(Oh, and I got some earrings too.)

My hair looked atrocious, it was raining
and I didn't have a comb.
(And my bangs are desperate for a trim!)

Nancy and Mom were lunching with
Sue at the Arizona Inn for Sue's
birthday - I checked in by text
to make sure Nanc approved of my choices
before I bought them.
(grin)


Aren't they beautiful?

Next it was off to Sams to do some grocery
shopping.  It was so nice not to need any meat!

Then to Walmart for the stuff I can't get at Sams.
And then home to unload the trunk
and get the groceries all put away.

While I was at Walmart I bought 2 balls of
chunky black yarn.
So while the guys went shopping to the
sporting goods store to get each of them
some new work boots (zzzzzzzzzzz)
I knit up a lap throw for at the office.
It is keeping me snuggly warm this morning!

I should be "sick" more often!

No comments: