Saturday, June 3, 2017

I Shoulda Been A Cowboy....

Today started out normal.
I slept ina little.
So did Rod, if you consider 7am sleeping in.
Rod does.
LOL

I got up a little after 8.
The plan was to make a quick smoothie
and a bagel and cream cheese 
(Gasp! Not on plan, I know...
I have been horrible this week...)
and then grocery shopping for me,
work on the yard water pump for Rod,
take my car to the shop and change the oil
for Kyle.

HA!
  
Our phones started blowing up.
The neighbors cows are out in
the preserve again.

Brock is in Costa Rica for the week.
Which leaves us in charge.
(Unofficially, but everybody knows to call us)

So..........
Kyle jumped on the 4 wheeler to scope
out the situation
while Rod and I saddled up.
We decided to do a good old fashioned
cattle round up.

Luckily the cows had knocked down a 
section of fence, wandered around for
awhile (probably all night) and then
headed to the property next door where
the fence USED to be down.
(before Rod and Kyle fixed it)

The property is pretty heavily overgrown with
trees and brush and a large pond/lake in
the center. The barbed wire has been cut
on the side next to the preserve
(vandals) so they go in there to hang out
and then head home eventually.
Hopefully. 
Sometimes.

Rod on CJ and me on Andy headed in
to find the cows, but couldn't get 
behind them. Too heavily wooded.
I took Andy back out to the main trail in the 
preserve, Kyle pushed them from the ground, and then
Rod picked them up and drove them to me.

I got them turned towards their home gate,
Kyle ran over and chased them in
(Luckily Jogger the Angus bull was with them
since he loves Kyle and will follow him anywhere.)
The stupid Wagu babies headed out into the preserve but
thankfully thought better of it before we lost them.

We got them all back in and drove them up to a
part of the pasture without holes and got
them all secured.
Pretty good for our first try on horseback.
(Usually the guys chase them down on foot.)




1 comment:

rktucson said...

nice job cowboys!