Monday, November 19, 2018

Relaxing?

Busy teaching weekend ...
I didn't sleep well Friday night.
Woke up a little after 3 and didn't get
back to sleep despite the soothing, quiet
music I was playing on my phone...
Which made Saturday a LONG day.

Stopped at Chili's after school and picked up a yummy
salad and bowl of soup to eat in my hotel.
After eating I climbed into my bed to read
and realized I was falling asleep.
It was 8:20.
I'm getting old.
Slept like a log.

Sunday morning I woke up to the beginnings
of a cold sore. I get them if I get a sunburn on
my face, or if I get overtired.

Class was good although only 50% of my
students passed the final exam.
I even GAVE them the right answer, 
including the question NUMBER to a
particularly "sticky" question
and some of them STILL got it wrong.
Sigh.
I just can't stress over that stuff.

However, I collect their phones at the 
beginning of the test and when they are
done, while I am grading it, they get their
phone, turn it on, and use it to sign back
into the system so I can enter their score.

When the last student left (8:55) I started
entering scores and realized I was one student short.
I KNOW he logged in, I have to move the keyboard
in order for them to sign.
But the system didn't capture it.

So I started emailing, texting and calling him.
He FINALLY answered his phone at 9:30.
Said he could drive back over and be there in 20.
So I called my boss.
He approved another night in a hotel.
I used the next 20 minutes to finish putting
the room back together, bagged up the trash,
that sort of thing, and when he got there
we got him all signed in and then he left,
I got the rest of the scores in and finalized 
and finally left my school at 10:05.

Straight to my hotel to get a room and then
to McDonald's to get a salad to take back with me.

Naturally then I couldn't go to sleep.
Watched a couple of episodes of 
"Beat Bobby Flay".
Super boring and usually a good cure for
insomnia, but not this time!

I was probably asleep shortly after 11:30.
(the last time I looked at the clock)

Bing.
Eyes open at 6:35.
I didn't even take a suitcase up with me.
So I got up, put my clothes back on,
checked out of the hotel and hit the highway.

Where there was a wreck or construction
or who knows what that had it looking
like a parking lot.

FINALLY made it home by 8:30-ish.
Fed the horses, cows and dogs,
and then jumped back in the car at 9:40 
to make a quick run to Rockledge
(just up the street from my old office)
to deliver some decals Rod made over the
weekend to our last customer.

Back home about 11:20.
And here i sit in my chair, blogging instead
of composing an email to HQ about the
challenges I had with the system yesterday.

Guess I'd better get on that.

I DID, however, receive TWO birthday
packages today!
Thank you Mom & Dad and
Rozann & Greg!

I'm being a good girl.
They are sitting on the speaker in my 
living room, patiently waiting for
my birthday on Saturday.

So far.
Hahahahahahaha

Love you guys!

No comments: