Monday, November 26, 2018

What If You Could....

I have a bracelet I wear.
It's a stainless steel cuff.
Engraved on it are the words
"What if you could?"

It's a "Trim Healthy" thing.

But it has helped me be brave enough
to try several new things.
Things I normally would shy away from.

And today was a BIG one.

Kyle had a quick job he was hired to do
for a friend of a friend.
Needed to clean up a job site.
The people that did the original clearing
for this new house build did a horrible job.
So they paid Kyle to come in and fix it.

It required his Cat and a dump truck.

He was going to have to load his Cat,
drive it to the job site, then unhook
the trailer and drive back across town
to Linda's to get the dump truck,
drive that back across town to the job site,
do the work and then drive everything
across town again.

He called a friend to see if he could help,
but Marcus was already on another
job site helping another friend.

So he asked if I would help.

Drive the dump truck.

I have never driven a big ... anything.

Ok, I take that back.
I did drive the fire truck.
In 1982.
And I backed it over the parking bollard
and my brother-in-law, Tim, had to fix it.

But.

What if I could????


(I was outside, sans makeup, sitting in the sun,
doing my daily scripture study when Kyle asked...)


It's a cute, baby blue dump truck.


It's kind of old.


But it gets the job done!

And Kyle drives it WAY better than I do.

But I got it safely to the job site and
back to our house with a load of dirt in it.

And nobody died.

What if you could?????

I DID!

No comments: