Wednesday, December 12, 2018

FINALLY! Eggs!

We bought new chicks in the summer.
I was hoping they would start laying
around Thanksgiving time.
But that was optimistic.

However, over the weekend while I
was out of town, Rod got a little
green egg!
(Surprising, since I paid extra for
BLUE egg layers...)

But hey. They all taste the same.

Monday I got TWO MORE!

Nothing yesterday, from anybody.
Not that I blame them. 
We had another cold front blow through
and it was brisk out there.

And then this morning there was one
lonely little blue egg on the floor
in the coop and two more in the nest!

We also got 4 brown egg layers.
They haven't figured it out yet.


The counter skelter is looking pretty!
(Ignore the dirty egg right there in the front!
I didn't even notice it until just now...)
We don't wash our eggs until just before
we crack them into ... whatever.
This morning I'm attempting Instant Pot
Sous Vide eggs.
Everybody raves about them.
We'll see.

Anyhow.
The yard chickens still give me 3 or 4
everyday. And keep the bugs down.
I'll keep them around.
And I'm probably going to send a couple
of the newer girls up to the ranch with Kyle
if he ever gets to actually move in... Fingers Crossed!

No comments: