Sunday, December 16, 2018

Radio Silence - Again...

It has been a sort of busy week.
Don’t know why, exactly...
But I have been busy.

This weekend I’m finishing up my
final class of the year.
Started with 16 students and ended
with 14. Not bad attrition for December.

I’m sitting here at 8:20 waiting for the final
2 students to finish their exams.
Out of the 12 who finished so far,
3 didn’t pass, but two of those got
68% and 69%. (70 is a pass)
I hate it when that happens.

However.
I had my first 100% in about 4 years!!!!
So I’m happy about that.
He teaches school, so has good test
taking skills and learning / retention.
But still.
Pretty impressive!!!

I can’t leave until 9:00 anyway,
so I don’t really care how long these
two take. One took my class last year
and failed the final, so she’s trying again.
I’m not going to be surprised if she doesn’t
make it again.
And the other is an “English Second Language”
student, but he did well on most all the
chapter quizzes, so I’m not going to try
to predict how he’ll do.

I’m reading a book on my Kindle
and trying to “quietly” munch on Trail Mix.
And watching the clock.

Next week the town secretary is on vacation,
so I’m going to spend a couple of hours
there all week. Unless I decide not to.

***********************************

In other, exciting news, Kyle got his CO!!!!!
So he might be moving this week.
So I might make a run up there with him
one day... or not. Depends on what he wants.
He picked out a new couch he wants,
and he needs a mattress - and then, talented
guy that he is, he’s going to make his
own bed frame. It will be wood.

I’m just so excited he’s finally going to be 
able to move in! I just wish it wasn’t the
week before Christmas.
LOL

I’ll keep the blog updated.
Unless I don’t.
How’s that for ambiguity.
Hahahaha

No comments: