Thursday, December 6, 2018

Kitchen Day

I've been busy in the kitchen today.

I made a fourth batch of turkey stock
from our thanksgiving turkey carcass
and then smashed all the little bones
into the bits of meat (neck, etc) with
my fingers.
It's amazing how after pressure cooking
them for a couple of hours over and over,
they feel like salmon bones.

I bagged that all up for the dogs.
They LOVE it.
(Beau got a preview taste - that's what
happens when you are the 
"in the house" {spoiled} dog.)

Cleaned that all up.

Then I made some Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies.
Except I didn't do them right,
so here's hoping they turned out ok.
They SMELL delicious!

I was using two different recipes, smashed together
and I forgot about the smashed together part.
So I baked the brownies and then poured the
cheesecake stuff on the top and using a fork
poked many many holes in the brownies
so the cheesecake batter could flow down into them
and then baked them again.
Fingers crossed.
They are in the fridge, cooling now.

Put out a dozen Rhodes dough rolls to thaw
and rise, and then made a batch of Rod's
favorite German Pancake.
He's been having 2 eggs and bacon for
breakfast every morning for a couple of
weeks, so I thought I would give him
some variety to choose from.

In a bit I'm going to make some other rolls
that are on plan (since Rhodes definitely
are NOT) and then get started on my
Butternut Bacon Soup.
It's the one that tastes just like
Campbell's Bean with Bacon.

The Sisters are coming over for dinner in a 
couple of hours.
Rod has to work late tonight, so it will
just be the three of us girls.
So soup, rolls and brownies should be
just about right.

No comments: