Friday, December 7, 2018

Chilly

It's not just me, right?

It's chilly here in Florida today.
It was actually nice when I went out
to feed the animals this morning,
but the house is cold.

And it's NOT just me.

How can I tell?


All my oils are solid.
(The butter one is a little melty,
but that's because I just took it out
of the microwave! LOL)

I have switched to these pretty glass
bottles for all my oils. They don't drip
or leak like the ketchup bottle ones did.
And they are pretty.
The vanilla is homemade.
I made it 2 years ago. 
It's been in the dark of the back of my pantry
since then. I tried it after 6 months and
decided it tasted like vanilla flavored turpentine
so I never used it, but I also never tossed it.
(I made 2 quart jars!)

The other day I tasted the imitation junk I've been
using lately. (Real vanilla is ridiculously expensive...)
It tasted like watered down vanilla flavored turpentine.
Huh.
So I put it in the pantry and pulled out my version.
It's DELICIOUS in stuff.

Anyhow.

Mmmmmmmmmm.
Butter flavored coconut oil is my
other new favorite thing.
I use it on everything.

Especially my favorite breakfast.
*Which I just ate, even though it's 2:30 in the afternoon.


Beau loves it too.

2 fresh, lightly fried eggs in butter coconut oil.
Half a bag of cut okra done in the air fryer.
Mix them together and drizzle some more
of that yummy butter oil and add a good
shake (or 6) of Everything Bagel seasoning.

YUM!
Beau loves the okra and I sometimes share
a piece of two with him.
Truth: not today. Or yesterday.
Today he was munching on a horse hoof.
The farrier just left.

****************************************************

Update: the Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
were good last night but AMAZING today.
I had one for "breakfast desert".
That's a thing, right?

Like most things baked with a stevia blend,
they are much better after 24 hours in the fridge.
Totally tasty!

No comments: