Friday, December 21, 2018

Winter Solstice

Today is the shortest day of the year.

Which means the days are going to
start getting longer.
Which means I am HAPPY!

I hate it when it gets dark early.
I go outside and feed the horses
around 4:45 and bring the dogs
in for dinner around 5:30.
And then they are in their crates
until I let them out in the morning.
Around 9.
That's a LONG time.
So I'm sure they will be happy
as the days get longer and their
nights get shorter.

Since I don't have to get up in the
morning to go to work (usually)
I don't really care about the sunrise time.
Rod gets up and leaves before the sun
is up, summer or winter.

This week I have been working at Town Hall.
But I don't have to be here until 10-ish.
And they are so happy to have someone man
the front desk, that they don't really care
when I show up, just that I actually DO.

Last night I made a big pot of really yummy
clam chowder and brought some to work
to share with the ladies for lunch.
I also popped 12 of my new little teal eggs
into the pressure cooker for 3 minutes and
made delicious hard boiled eggs.
I swear by the pressure cooker.
Some of these eggs were laid yesterday
and they still pealed beautifully.
(I only did 3 minutes because they are tiny...
normally it's 5 minutes under pressure,
5 minutes letting the pressure release,
and an additional 5 minutes in ice water...)

Anyhow.
We are all happy Christmas is nearly here.
Being a small town, everyday we have gotten
a plate or two of lovely homemade yummies.
I've been pretty good about avoiding them.
But it must be adding up.
Today I'm having an ocular migraine,
I'm sure it's the sugar.
(And it's nearly gone...)

Meanwhile - Kyle got to spend the night in
his new house and sleep on his new bed
and shower in his new bathroom
and sit on his new couch.
If only he could watch his new TV.
(But he took his xBox / Play Station / whatever
so he could watch all the movies he has
downloaded...)
I'm sure he was excited!
I know I was!

Last night Rod didn't have to work his 2nd job
so he came home "early" and we got to go
to a couple of stores we've never been to before
to wander around and window shop and then
out for a yummy burrito.
It was nice to have a date with my love!

Hope you are enjoying the "build up" 
to Christmas this year.
It's the best part!

No comments: