Thursday, May 16, 2019

Busy Bee

We are having the Elders over
for dinner tonight.
Thursday is our night...
It's the night Rod is off early.
Although every other Thursday he
has to drive down to Vero Beach
for High Council meetings.

Anyway.

Also, Mother Hubbard's cupboards
were looking a little bare.

Yesterday I made a dozen deviled eggs
for Rod's lunches.
And the day before I made some
homemade chocolate covered marshmallows.

But today I whipped up a couple of
cans of chickpeas in the air fryer.

Time to clean the air fryer again!

Makes for a good little grab and go
energy bite.
And they are pretty tasty!
I just rinsed them and then tossed them
in a little Lowry's Season Salt.
40 minutes in the air fryer.
Just hit start and forget about them.
The basket rotates so I don't have to worry
about stirring them.

I also made up a "Giant Blueberry Pancake"
for Rod to eat for breakfasts.


This 9x13 pan makes 8 single servings that
he can just grab, stick in the microwave for
a minute and top with some sugar free maple syrup.
(And toss a couple fresh blueberries on top
as long as we have them!)

Speaking of blueberries.


Even after all the ice cream,
baked goods,
hand fulls,
etc
we still have a box and a third left.

I put a bunch into a big 2 quart glass
jar in the fridge for munching on.
And the rest went onto cookie sheets
in the freezer for enjoying later.


Those will go in a giant zippie bag once they are frozen.
They last us for most of the year.
(Mostly because I get burned out on blueberry stuff,
switch to something else and then forget they are there!)
We actually have 2 quart bags left from last year's crop!

I'll be using some of those for tonight's
fresh blueberry ice cream.

And then I got out my Shark steamer and cleaned 
all the tile floors.
It does a really good job, but unlike my
wet swiffer, it is just water so there's no
"clean" smell when I'm done.
So I grabbed my essential oil I used to diffuse
and put a drop in there.

And now my house smells very refreshingly
eucalyptus and clove.
It won't last very long.
But neither will my clean floor.


No comments: