Monday, May 27, 2019

Happy Memorial Day!

We are all "off" today.

I'm sitting in my big easy chair.
Doing school paper work,
filing expense reports,
that sort of thing.
(Ok, hanging out on FB and watching
T-Tapp videos... lol.)

I had a LARGE class this month.
We had 95 student pre-registered.
And 35 of them showed up!
It was TIGHT.
But they were good about it.
I had several who had some timing issues.
(If you are late, you lose the entire 5 hours
for that session - and late means 8:01.
Like, seriously! I had a couple who were
3 or 4 minutes late and lost the hours.
They weren't happy.
But it's the law.
You'd think if that happened to you, you
would make an effort to be EARLY for the
rest of the sessions.
Nope.
They are allowed to "miss" 10 hours out of
the 40 hours total. And I had a hand full
who couldn't manage to get it together
and lost 15 or even 20 hours all because of
being late to class.
They don't get to take the final exam.
I ended up testing 26 students.
(27, but the extra was somebody who failed
another instructor's class, she failed again and
I don't count people like that cuz it's not
my fault... lol...)
Out of my 26, I passed 19!
That's pretty good!
But I was TIRED when I pulled in at 11 last night.

Rod and Kyle spent all day Saturday
fixing the farm truck.
It now has working brakes.
And all new fluids in ... everything.

Then Kyle spent Sunday building 
his roller thing he designed.


Two 55 gallon drums and a cool
frame and tow bar so he can fill it with
water and compressed air
(to keep the steel from collapsing)
and drag it behind the tractor and 
flatten the fields he has plowed.


This morning he painted the frame
so it doesn't rust.
Then he and Rod went to Lowes and got ...
some other stuff.
(grin)

He's going to load his car onto his trailer
along with the roller
and head to the ranch a bit later.
He needs the trailer up there anyway
because he had a tire go bad and needs
to take it to his trailer people up there.
So he's just going to kill a bunch of birds
on one trip.
(hahahaha)

There just isn't any rest for folks who
have lots to do and an amazing
work ethic.
He has to get back up there because
he has another pasture (20 acres) that
he needs to plow, drag and roll before
he can put down grass seed.
And he'd like to get it done before
the "rainy" season gets started.
They say it starts in June.
Which is this weekend.
And it will take at least 2 weeks or more
to do what he needs to get done.
So...
GET BACK TO WORK!
(He's been sitting on the couch for 20 minutes.
That's it for him!)

No comments: