Monday, May 6, 2019

Happy Monday!

We had a nice, relaxing weekend.
Saturday was the blueberry farm
and a run into town for feed.

Sunday is so nice these days!
We are on the "late" schedule
so we get to sleep in,
feed the animals at a relaxed pace,
and then spend some time together
before heading off to church.

My voice was still pretty squeaky,
but I did manage to visit with 
some of the folks I don't see often.

Home to put a roast in the
pressure cooker with some
onions and potatoes.

A HUGE rain storm blew in,
so Kyle waited for the worst of
it to move on and then he headed
north to the ranch.
He needed to be at the property
in order to let the building guys
in this morning so couldn't
drive up on Monday like he usually does.

I put a bag of frozen green beans
in the microwave to get them good
and hot and then into the airfryer for
about 30 minutes.
They get so yummy and crunchy!
We call them bean fries.
A little bit of butter coconut oil and
some everything bagel seasonings
and they made a great side dish!

I was going to make some blueberry
ice cream, but when I pulled the inner
liner out of the freezer I discovered that
I froze the wrong one.
We had an electric ice cream maker
several years ago, but it broke.
And I guess I kept the liner in the big 
freezer in the tack room.
So when we cleaned it out, I put it
on top of the garage freezer while it
was FULL of beef.

I forgot the "current" machine liner was
still out in the tack room, on top of the
other freezer.
Oops.

I made up the ice cream, but the liner
wasn't frozen, even last night when it
was time to make it...
I'm sure it's frozen solid now, so I'll
put the ice cream on at 8:00 so it will
be perfect when Rod gets home tonight.
We'll have a dish of ice cream
while we watch our favorite show.
(When Calls the Heart)

The ice cream tasted REALLY good
when I first whirred it up.
It's resting in the fridge in a 2 quart
mason jar.

1 cup unsweet almond milk
1 cup half & half
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup Pyure organic stevia
2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp pink salt
1 Tablespoon vegetable glycerin
1/2 tsp gluccomannan

Put it all in the blender and whir it up.
I add the last item while it's running.
The glycerin keeps it from freezing solid
and the gluccomannan (gluccie) is a thickener.
You could use xanthan gum, or even arrowroot starch.
Or whatever you usually use... I've been
using it for 5 years so I've forgotten
what normal people use... lol.

I added some blueberries and whirred them up too.
When I put it in the ice cream machine
I'll add more frozen blueberries (from last year)
when it's nearly frozen so they don't just
fall to the bottom.

Anyhow.
It's Monday, so time to get to work.
I need to do some laundry,
the roomba finished vacuuming, so I'm
going to break out the steam cleaner
and wash all the floors.
And I might try a new recipe I saw
last week... but we'll see.
Oh, and I'm going to make a giant
baked blueberry pancake for Rod's
breakfasts this week.

Happy Monday!

No comments: