Friday, May 3, 2019

Raining

It's raining.
Oh, and there was some thunder!
It shouldn't last too long though.
Just a little green/yellow blob 
on the radar screen.

But.

While Mother Nature is watering my new trees,
and Rosie the Roomba is vacuuming my house,
(she got into my bathroom and had a jolly time
on our carpets... LOTS of good sand in there!)
I'm going to sit quietly in my big chair
and look out the window and
type a blog post.

I'd better hurry,
the rain seems to be slowing down a little.

So.

Updates.


Kyle's "close of business" photo yesterday.
Notice the sunset beginning off to the right.
He figures he has about 20 more hours in this 
pasture before he's done with the bottom plow.
And then he will need to disc and drag.
So another week, probably.
This particular pasture is their largest at 33 acres.


Meanwhile,
up at the building, they have all the trusses up
and are starting to lay aluminum roof panels!


The building is 40' x 60' so it's a good sized space.
Notice the larger openings for his 16' doors.
These guys are QUICK!

In other news...

Rod pulled a package of ribeye steaks out of the freezer
over the weekend, but they ended up ordering pizza
and eating at Panda Express.
So there the steaks sat.

So I cooked them.
But I put bleu cheese and butter on them and
did them in my older model air fryer.
Rod's not a big fan of bleu cheese.
So I ate them.
One for lunch on Wed, and one for lunch on Thursday!


I did the green beans in the rotating basket in my
other air fryer, with a spritz of butter coconut oil
and some of my new smoked salt flakes.

YUM!
(And then I added a bunch of "everything bagel" seasoning.)

Yes, it was a large hunk of steak,
but there was also a good deal of fat.
Not to mention the bone.


So the dogs got that part.

The orange lidded bottle is my new salt.


It arrived in a cellophane bag in this box.
And since I live in Humid World,
I transferred it to a jar.
It's DELICIOUS though!
Oh! And I also bought THREE bottles
of Greg's fabulous chicken seasoning.
I gave one to Kyle to take up to the ranch,
and kept the others for me.
Used it in my faux sous vide egg bites
that I made in my pressure cooker yesterday.
Yum.

So yeah.
I was making these egg bites yesterday.
I had the recipe on my iPad. (screen shot)
I always put my iPad on top of my canisters
when I'm using it as a recipe book.
But yesterday I didn't.
No conscious thought behind that, I just
plopped it down on the counter and started cooking.

And knocked over a jar of jalapeno bits right
onto the keyboard.
So now it types lines and lines of equal signs.
Le Sigh.
What a dope.
It's a company iPad and keyboard, so I can't get
away with replacing it with a cheaper model.
But it's only $45 and I have a couple of 
Amazon gift cards from living in hotels last year...
But still!
Hahahahaha

Have a GREAT weekend!
And don't spill anything on your keyboard!
It stinks! (like jalapeno)

No comments: