Monday, March 23, 2020

Garden Update

Rod and I drove up to the dump
(now THAT is social distancing - NOBODY
goes to the dump! Hahahah)
He added some wooden sides to the little
trailer so we could load it up.

Got a big load of FREE mulch.
The guy at the gate said it was the last
of the "golden mulch".
(Said it was the best / cleanest they've got.)

We tarped it and and headed home.
(By way of Tractor Supply for animal feed.)

I forgot to take a picture of the load.

Then we unloaded it into the garden.


Kyle was the official unloader.


I pushed the wheelbarrow and dumped it.


And Rod spread it in the garden.

We only put it in the alleyways.


Then Kyle went back and hand did around
his little herbs and rose bushes.


The garden looks a LOT better.


My busy, hard working man.


All that is left of the load.

The rows still have a LOT of grass in them, but now that
the plants are coming up, I'm going to get one of 
those little hand tools with the fingers
so I can sit out there and weed it a bit at a time.

And then we'll be able to see the bare spots and
replant those. For some reason the peas didn't 
come up very well.
But the squash and beans look GREAT!

No comments: