Thursday, March 26, 2020

Home Front Update

I've been spending lots of time on the computer
lately learning how to use the ZOOM program.

My company picked 5 instructors from Florida
to teach a 3-4 hour review class each week (or so...)
Details are still WAAAAY up in the air.
But I was lucky enough to be one picked.
At this point I still don't have my "license" to
use the upgraded version - they tried again this
morning, but it still shows User Doesn't Exist.
We tried 3 time yesterday...
I'm sure it's frustrating for our home office people!

Anyhow.
Yesterday we were on a training webinar for
an hour and then last night I did a little "meeting"
with Rod and I on the couch using the free version.
It wasn't anything like what they said the
fancy version is like - way less features...
but still kind of cool.

I have another call today at noon, just for the
Florida instructors. We are all friends, so we
will get on there and practice I guess...
Only one of us has a license, so we will share her's
until they get this nonsense figured out.

Then Kyle came home early and we headed
over to the beach for some brain relaxation time.


The ocean was flat as a pancake!
Looked more like a giant lake (or the Gulf)
so most of the people enjoying the beach 
were out in the water.

The water temp is up from 68 to 74 degrees so was quite
pleasant! Of course those of us who are 
pansies, and have phones in our pockets...
chose to just walk in the shore break...


No seaweed or jellies and quite refreshing!

Meanwhile - this morning Kyle packed up and headed
up to the ranch for 2 days.
Gina finally admitted she is in over her head
and is having problems
(cows are getting out on a regular basis...
something that NEVER happened when he was there...)
and yesterday they had a calf die.
So she asked him to come help her.

He is planning to move back up there mid-April 
to get the "dog leg" pasture prepped for planting
so wanted to run up today anyway just to see
where they are on getting ready for that.
(They are notorious for last minute "planning"
which makes him nuts...)

Anyhow.
Hopefully it goes well.
They asked if he wanted to stay in the ranch house
or a motel, he said either was fine since it was just
one night, was the ranch house liveable?
She came back with "Oh yeah, we even stay
over there some nights."

He was LIVID.
If they can stay over there some nights, 
they can just stinkin' move over there!
Hope they get that ironed out.
I'm staying out of it.
Linda and I are working REALLY hard to
keep the ranch issues separate from our friendship.
It's a challenge.
Her daughter / my son.
Sigh.

Better eat my breakfast - its been sitting over
on the side table for 45 minutes.
Hahahaha.
Nothing like cold eggs and okra.
Yum.

Have a wonderful day!
An online friend challenged us all to read
"Saints" before conference.
So I might start that this afternoon.
Oh and there's a launch scheduled for this
afternoon too - better set an alarm or I'll
get busy and forget!

It's not 10 yet and I've fed all the animals,
swept and washed the kitchen floor,
done the dishes from last night (by hand... no reason,
just decided it was silly to run the dishwasher for
90 minutes when I can whip it out in 15),
planted 2 rows of okra 
and a patch of tri-colored carrots in the garden.
Did the banking.
And a blog.

Oh, and made breakfast.
Hahahaha.

LOVE YOU!

No comments: