Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Monday June 8

Monday was a travel day.
We got up at 3 and headed out by 3:30.
They said we should arrive 2 hours before
our flight was to board...
but Southwest didn't even open their
desk until we had been there for nearly
an hour.

Checking in and TSA were both quick
and easy. Although I "lit up" my wrist 
and both knees...
Weird.
I was wearing a watch, but my knees???

Anyhow, a quick pat down my knees
and I showed my watch and we were
on our way to our gate.


Kyle - checking out the runway...


Kyle and his mask.
The flight only had 67 passengers, so
we each got our own window...


It's been MANY years since I've been on a
plane that empty!

We flew to Saint Louis, Missouri.
There was a layover of almost 2 hours.
We had to get off the plane...
but then we got right back on the
very same plane again!


Kyle wore an N-95 but I chose to wear
Mom's mask she sent me.
Those N-95s dry me out too much.
(This was early in the first flight and I
was still mostly asleep...)


Another light flight.


We sat together and kept an eye on our progress.
They only served a can of water with a straw
and a little packet of mixed crackers/pretzels.
But I had snacks in my purse... so we munched
on almonds and beef jerky as well...

Once we hit the ground in Salt Lake (around noon)
we picked up our rental car.
They gave us a free upgrade to a Nissan Altima
and then we headed into town.
Sondra had clients until 3, so we had some time...


We headed to Temple Square and had a great time
walking around and taking pictures.



We are practicing "selfies"...


Some turned out better than others...


Kyle got a new haircut - but the wind made it look
like he cut half of it off! LOL.


He was having a marvelous time!


And decided to get "fancy" with my picture...
Hahahahaha


Everything was closed.
The weather switched from raining and COLD
to sunny and warm and then
raining and COLD and then... lol.
Luckily we had jackets (and I had mittens!)


We found a Chick Fil A and a Kneaders and grabbed
a quick bite for late lunch (I had broc/cheese soup
and Kyle had waffle fries and a bite or two of a 
chicken sandwich...) and then found our car in the
underground parking garage by Macy's.
Even WITH a picture of where we parked it
was a challenge!
Thank goodness for the button on the keys that
makes the horn blow... Haha.

Next we ran by Soni's house and chatted with
Greg and Matt for a couple of minutes.
They showed me their backyard and all their
wonderful things growing in their gardens.
And picked up our walking sticks.
(I ordered 2 sets and had them shipped to her house...)
I forgot to take a picture!

Then we definitely DID NOT go by Sondra's
office and visit with her for a few minutes.
And there are no pictures.

The Covid numbers were going up in Logan and
Greg was uncomfortable with Sondra and Zoe going
up there with us, so she had to cancel.

Next we drove up to Logan and got checked into our hotel.


It was still raining and pretty chilly.
Our car was right outside our window!

Then we headed across the street to WalMart
and picked up some fresh fruit and bottled 
water to carry with us for the week.
The sun came out... and it felt like about 6...
but they literally kicked us
out of the store at 8:30 because they were closing early.
I forgot the sun goes down so much later up north!

We went for a nice drive around Kyle's "loop".
There were some really nice little farms.
Logan is really beautiful!

Once back, we ordered a carry out Hawaiian pizza from
Pizza Hut and took it back to our room.
It was DELICIOUS!

And off to bed.
We were TIRED!

Next installment - Tuesday - June 9.
Kyle's BIRTHDAY!







No comments: