Friday, July 31, 2020

Blessed. Again.

I'm so lucky (blessed) to be surrounded
by men who can do... everything.

This morning there was a loud bang
coming from the pump room.
But Kyle didn't see anything.

And then when I was giving the ducks
their water, the line seemed full of air.

And then when I went inside to
make my breakfast (oatmeal)
there was ZERO water.

Kyle to the rescue.

He discovered the bang was the pipe
leading to the well pump had blown
itself off, then the pump had run dry
(and HOT)... waited til it cooled a bit
and then took the pipes apart and glued them
back together with PVC pipe glue.
*He has glued a gazillion pvc pipes
by this time in his life...

Then he left for work.

And I left for the grocery store.

By the time I got back, Rod was leaving
work for the day, so when he got home
we primed the pump (with fingers crossed)
and ... tada! WATER!
Oh, the modern conveniences!

NOW I can do the dishes, and the laundry,
and all the other things you reach for 
running water for a million times a day.

But right now I need to run outside and help
Rod do a final test of all the lights, etc on
the trailer before we head out early in the
morning to load up and drive the cows
to their final destination.

No pictures...
Sorry!

No comments: