Monday, July 6, 2020

Productive Monday!

It didn't start the way I planned...
I got up a bit earlier than usual
(don't be impressed, it wasn't "early")
and went out and fed the animals.
Stopped by the garden on the way back
in and picked enough okra for breakfast.

Put the okra in the air fryer and went out
to feed the dogs. Kyle was up and in the shower.
So far, so good!

Once the dogs were fed, I put my 2 eggs
in the pan with coconut oil, salt, pepper
and some nutritional yeast.
 (SO yummy, and lots of B vitamins!)

Mixed the okra and eggs together, topped
the whole mess with some MCT oil
and some "everything bagel" seasoning.

By then Kyle was out of the shower, dressed
and making himself a chocolate milk and
a fresh peach. (Publix had some REALLY
good, ripe, juicy ones from California...)
Kyle is on a fruit kick.

Anyhow.

About the time we were both done with
breakfast and getting ready to get ready
to head to the beach, he got a text from Linda.
The pastures are flooded.
(So are our's... we got a LOT of heavy rain
both Saturday and Sunday afternoons...
welcome to Florida in July!)

Can you come fix... something... I want to
weigh the cows and then move them into
a drier pastsure.

So much for his beach plan.
(I planned for us to go for a walk on the
beach and then split up - he would head
to work and I would head out to do errands...)

He went to work.
And I went to the beach!
Without him!
Sacrilege!  
(That still doesn't look like its spelled correctly,
but Uncle Google says it is... so whatever...)

I parked in our old spot and put my chair 
on the beach but I didn't even sit down.
(I knew I'd never get up if I did... lol)

It was exactly 10:00 when I got there.
(See, I said it wasn't "early")

Headed south down the beach.
My goal was the tall tree.
I had my music in my ears and lots of
thoughts in my head (although I had an
audible book on my phone on standby 
in case I needed it...)

It was a beautiful morning!
The tide was coming in, but with all the 
weather over the weekend, the beach was 
quite heavily eroded and the beach wasn't
"flat". It was actually a pretty steep incline/drop-off
down to the water line.
Which meant you were walking on the side of
a pretty steep hill ... at least you got to switch
sides when you walk back! Haha
Also the sand switched from nice and firm
to super soupy, and back again.
Kind of like walking through thick mud.
With shells.

I made it to the tall tree and pulled out my phone.
It was 45 minutes and EXACTLY 2 miles!
Who knew!
Turned around and headed back.

I finished 4.1 miles in 1 hour and 14 minutes.
Which is pretty good for me!

Once again I didn't sit down, cuz I knew that would
be all she wrote... so I headed to my car to grab
my orange bag with my water, glasses, Kindle
and body brush (I use it to brush the sand off
my feet / legs before I get back in my car.)


"My" spot was sparsely populated, down by the tall tree
(the public beach with parking and a bathroom in the 
next town south) was MUCH busier but still not
what I imagine it looked like over the holiday weekend.
(You can't see the drop off in this picture, but just before
the water line there is actually about a 3 foot drop/shelf.)


Once I got my stuff, I sat in my chair,
put on my reading glasses (I was wearing my
sunglasses - I've GOT to get some tinted
cheaters...) and read my book for the remaining
45 minutes on my parking meter.

And then it was back to the car,
and head into town to Sam's Club to get
Kyle some chocolate milk mix, 
Rod some lemon juice for his lemonade,
some butter (cuz we go through it!),
and some guacamole, cuz their's is really good.

Home to put a load of clothes in the washer
and out to do a quick mow in the middle yard.
(I mow the grass set on 4" so it gets nice long
roots, but it needs to be mowed twice a week...
especially with all this rain!)

And then in to wash a sink of dishes while the
laundry finished in the washer, then put it in the
dryer, sit on the couch and write a quick blog,
and now as I glance out the window,
it has started to rain.

I might stretch out on the couch and take a quick
nap since I have to teach until 10:00 tonight.
And there's nothing better than napping while
it's raining.

Aaaaaaahhhhhh.

Hope your Monday is going well!


No comments: