Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Working All Week (Again)

 This week my co-worker, Denine, is moving.
So I'm working all week to cover her.
Like from 8:30 to 5.
(I can hear Rozann snickering from here....)

But SERIOUSLY!

This morning I had to go in to the lab
for blood work before my Dr appt next week.
So I needed to be there at 7 am in order to get to work.

I had a nice visit with the nurse.
She lives in our little town and her husband
is one of our contractors - I did a building permit
for him last week!
And they have a bobcat eating her chickens.
So we chatted about farm life while she
sucked the life blood out of my arm.

(grin)

And then it was off to the office.
And then home to teach.

But SUNDAY... after an excellent Stake Conference
Rod's cousin Sandy and her husband Marty came
from their place in Mesa. They were in Florida for
the week for a family wedding and then did the rounds.
Out to dinner with Tim and Angie Friday night,
Scott and Janis Saturday night,
and to our house to see the farm on Sunday afternoon.
We grilled 'em up some of our home grown beef.
Bacon Cheese Burgers.
It was DELICIOUS!
(With baked beans, potato chips and green salad.)


With a nasturtium blossom if you want one!
(They are TASTY!) 
And almost smell too good to eat!

We had a lovely visit!
And then they dashed over to the VW dealership
just before closing to say Hi to Jim.
And then to their hotel to get their rental Jeep 
cleaned up and ready to return in the morning.


Yesterday was MLK so the Town Hall was closed, but Rod's shop was open.
Kyle and I drove over and got his hair cut.
Wish he would let me take a picture... but he HATES that.
So, use your imagination.
It looks good.
(grin)

And then we did a nice little harvest.
Peas!
Green peppers!
Banana peppers!

But now I'm TIRED.
I'm going to run take a shower and hit the hay.
Got another full day tomorrow.
And Thursday.
And then Friday morning I Zoom from 9-1 and then
swing by the office to close out the week

And the WEEKEND OFF!
Yippeeeeee!

Have a terrific evening / day...
(Our Town Fire Dept Chief always says 
"Have the kind of day you wanna have")

No comments: