Friday, June 25, 2021

High School Math / Science

 WHY do I have to learn this???????
I'll NEVER use this in my life!!!!!
(in a whiny, sing-song adolescent voice...)

So.


We have a dog yard, right off the patio in the backyard.
But apparently I never take pictures of it.

Anyhow.


This weekend the guys took down the fence.
And then got out the BIG guns and moved the dog's
patio / shade / thing.

As always, it was WAY overbuilt.
Kyle lifted it with his Cat and Rod put a cinder block
under each support.

But it was still buried DEEEEP in the ground.


So Kyle lifted it higher and it was STILL in the ground,
And sagging.
And looking like it might fall apart.

So out comes the old high school math / science.
They put ratchet straps from the off side poles
and connected them to the bar on the Cat.
Tightened 'em up and L I F T.....


And L I F T more...


Got it!
It's clear of the ground!
Whew!


Now back it into the yard.


Then lift it and carry it AROUND the giant holes the 
dogs dug UNDER the patio / shade / thing.


Then DON'T HIT THE HOUSE!
And put it in the little corner between the tack room and our bedroom...


Then dig NEW holes to sink it into the ground.
NOT SO DEEP THIS TIME, EH?????

Whew!

Are we done?

Ha!


Now use the Cat and smooth all that mess out!
NOW, are we done?

HA!

I'm going inside to teach.
But you guys keep going.... (actually I did help with this
next part, but then I had to run inside...)


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

It's the world's smallest above ground pool!
But it's PERFECT for us.
15 feet across and only 42 inches deep.
It's just a big liner with steel upright poles
and a circular top frame made of the same poles...
The sides are just vinyl... NOT cool stone.
But its just right for 3 adults on floaties.

It's been upgraded now, Kyle put down 4 big patio
stones between the patio and the pool so we don't
have to walk in the dirt (or on little wood pieces)
when we get in/out.
And I put up a small shelf for drinks and phones and such...

But it's AWESOME!

There isn't an above ground pool to be had.
IF you can find one, they are ridiculously expensive!
Amazon had one.
They sold it for $100 in 2019.
Now it is $1359!!!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

But the other day at work one of the ladies mentioned
she just bought a small pool at Academy Sports.

I GRABBED the next to last one!
It's cheap.
It's cheaply made.
It might last the year.
But I'll take it!!!!!

It's been so nice to sit out there and relax in the
nice cool water.
(Although I FRIED my upper thighs... oops...)

Anyhow.

SEE?
Math and Science ARE useful!

Also... I had to go buy a bathing suit.
I wear a tank top and board shorts to the beach,
see above note about upper thighs... hahahahahahaha.

No comments: