Monday, June 7, 2021

Randomness

 It was a busy weekend!

Kyle brought us a load of hay on Friday afternoon.


It was a nice big, fresh roll, 
and wrapped in netting in the colors of the flag!
I thought that was cool!

Unfortunately, it exploded before it made it into the
cradle, and now there is hay EVERYWHERE.
The horses and cows are eating it up anyway though.


These are the noisy ducks.
I was on the phone with Mom and they were
making a LOT of racket!


We weighed the cows again, but first had to put one more
row of boards across the top because Baldy was thinking
he might like to jump out last time.
Rod is putting up a board and Kyle is messing with Beau.


I harvested my okra.
Guess I missed this one earlier...


He's a GIANT!


This is the size they are supposed to be picked!

I'm freezing the giant (I get a couple of those now
and again - okra are hard to find! they hide well...)
and one of these days I'll put them in a stew or something
to cook low and slow.
Should soften them up.

Today I don't have to work!
(Well, I did an hour this morning closing out last
week's classes, but that was it...)
So Kyle and I are going to the store to get
dog food and then we might hit the beach.
If it doesn't rain.

Which we are hoping it will because the pastures
could DEFINITELY use it!

No comments: