Monday, May 16, 2022

Eggs, Blood and Busy-Ness.

 Well, we have LOTS of eggs.

We are taking a break from making our
own dog food - they are taking a break
from eating it!
So we bought a bag of dry.

But, since we aren't making our own
AND its spring, a time when the chickens
are in FULL production,
we have a LOT of eggs.

We took 2 dozen over to a member's house
yesterday - they invited us over for dinner
along with another family and a gazillion
young men. (They have 6 kids, 1 away at
college, 3 teens and a couple younger ones.)
(And I'm pretty sure it was also the entire
Priest's quorum as well...)
Anyhow.
I figure they eat a LOT of eggs and
I have a LOT of eggs... so... voila!

Then we also put 3 dozen into the freeze dryer.
Along with a couple of trays of apple sauce.
I want to do 5 trays of already cooked chicken,
but I didn't have enough to fill 5 trays
so I did the other instead.

We are doing a "pantry challenge" this week.
Eating out of the pantry / fridge / freezer.
I made Rhodes rolls (from the freezer),
salad (from the fridge)
cheesecake with blueberry topping
(from the fridge and freezer) 
to take to dinner last night.
It was very satisfying!

Meanwhile...

The new girls are loving their new coop.
I just pulled 2 eggs out.
There are only 4 girls in there right now
because that was all we could catch
the other evening before the roosters
got all riled up and I was worried about
getting attacked.
It doesn't take much to make me bleed.


 





This is a "scratch" from Kyle's new dog, Bear.
I've been putting Bountiful Balm on it
and it was looking really good yesterday.
But it was getting itchy as it was healing
and I guess while I wasn't paying attention,
I rubbed it.
And broke it open.
More salve and it was looking really good
this morning.
And then Kyle and I went to Tractor Supply
and got 100# of Buddy's feed and 40# of
rice bran to help him with gaining weight.

While dumping one of the bags into the 
garbage can, I must have popped it open again.
Sheesh.

Anyhow.
I'll clean it up (again) and cover it in salve (again)
and it will look really good tomorrow.
Maybe a bandaid would be in order????
grin

Anyhow.
I now have an officially called Secretary.
That's all.
I have submitted names for Counselors
and teachers but no final word on them yet.

And this week I am "double dipping".
Both of my instructors needed this week off,
so I'm teaching both the morning AND the evening
zoom classes this week.
Plus working at the town on Tues & Thurs.
Plus I'll probably teach the RS lesson this week
since I don't know who all has been called to
do what this week and don't want to rock that boat...

So... long story short (ish) there may NOT be
a ton of blog posts this week.
OH!
And I need to run over to the eye glasses place
and have them do something about my new glasses.
I have to squint to see out of them.
They are better than nothing, but not $235 worth of better.
Everything is still blurry and out of focus.
So... tweaking is necessary.

Anyhow.
Hope you are having a good week!
We went out on the patio last night and
watched the lunar eclipse until the mosquitoes
discovered we were out there and tried
to drink my (readily available) blood.
It was really pretty!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is actually Rozann - I'm setting up a new computer for M&D for up in Pinetop (it is an all in one so we can move it from bullocks to johnsons as folks 'move' back and forth.) so, thought I'd read your blog while I'm here setting it up for them.
congrats on the secretary - sorry about all the extra teaching - you are great at it though so...
and sorry about all the blood! haha ugh!