Thursday, May 5, 2022

Wow.

 Sheesh!
My life has been turned upside down!
And I can't seem to get a minute...

Friday Kyle and I went to the flea market
to see if that was an option for selling
our freeze dried stuff.
NOPE!

It's dark, dirty, busy, noisy...
It might sell a LOT, but
neither one of us could stand to
be there more than about an hour.

However we DID find a really cool
10x12 shed out in the parking lot.

And then we went up the street to the pound
to see if they had another feral cat
since Pig seems to have moved on.

They didn't.

But they did have a really sweet little puppy.


Kyle has been missing his dog, Shadow.
And was feeling like now was the right time
to replace her.

Introducing "Bear".
(Yes, Kyle named her...)

She is sweet.
Kind.
Stubborn.
And completely ignores me.
(And Kyle, and Rod...)
She is enamored of the chickens
and finds great joy in chasing them.
She hasn't succeeded in catching one yet.
(Beau caught and killed TWO of them before
I was able to train him to not do that...)

Mostly we keep them in while she is out
and once we let the chickens out, she has
to stay inside. Or on a leash.
She too, will learn.
But it appears she has had ZERO training to this point.
She is 13 months old...
kind of a long time to have NO discipline,
but she is learning.
She now goes into her crate when we tell her to.
And only cries for a minute.

Anyhow.

That was Friday.
Then, of course, on Saturday I was called
as the new ward's Relief Society President.

And it's been a roller coaster ever since!

The good news is it is a brand new ward,
so I have no shoes to fill,
no previous expectations,
and a clean slate.

The challenging news is it is a brand new ward,
I have no shoes to follow,
no previous experience 
and I have to fill a gazillion jobs.

I just got the list of people actually IN
the ward this afternoon.
So...
I'll be spending lots of time trying to figure
out who should do what.

Meanwhile,
Sunday is Mother's Day
so all the women in the ward will be
attending Relief Society.
I have some ideas.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Super excited to hear all about all your ideas! You will be awesome! Shake'm up girl!